Lytham Windmill, 1916 painted by Harold Partington (1852-1928).
Harold Partington was born in Heywood, Lancashire and was an artist, photographer, carver and gilder.
He moved to St Annes where he became in 1912 the first treasurer of the Lytham St Annes Art Society. His paintings, often of local scenes were very popular and he received many commissions. This was painted before the windmill was badly damaged by fire in 1918.
It was donated to the Collection in 1959 by founder member and twice President of the LSA Art Society, Thomas Alfred Clarke, (1886-1979) who was himself an accomplished artist.