This oil on canvas, painted by Italian artist, Federico Andreotti (1847-1930) was exhibited in Florence in 1891. It is typical of his paintings which often portrayed courting couples.
Dorothy Ward Mosedale (1896-1970) donated it in memory of her parents. Her father, Ward Mosedale, was a wealthy manufacturer in Burnley before retiring to Lytham St Annes.
Both Ward and Dorothy were generous members of the community and left several valuable works of art to the Collection.