This oil on canvas was painted in 1899 by William J.J.C. Bond (1833-1926).
Liverpool born William Joseph Bond was humorously nicknamed “Alphabet Bond” because of the extra initials he adopted. Largely known as a marine and landscape artist he exhibited widely. Like Turner, his paintings have an abstract and impressionistic quality.
The painting was donated in 1954 by John Ingham of the St Annes family firm of Inghams, specialists in signs, fascias and posters.
For further details visit the on-line catalogue: www.lythamstannesartcollection.org.